Friday 30 March 2018

The Journey through the wormhole


I came out of darkness
The kingdom of Mordor.
Crawling through a place of a still time
To find my own shadow.
I knocked on thin air, and -
The One Who stands behind the Wall,
Welcomed me home.
He hinted at the wealth
Of the Kingdom of Light.
He suspended me between worlds,
He weaved my soul into letters,
He tied me down with blood.
My ancestors, look down at me.
Have I not weighed my heart
On the scales of Truth,
And found it sorely lacking?
A half that became a whole
Birthing itself forth,
A Phoenix that tired of waking,
A car wreck wearing make-up.
Lost in the maze of now,
Running amok inside myself.
Staggering under the gifts He has given me,
Re-birthing from a lead chrysalis,
Lighting up threads to survive.
I knitted the yarn that wasn’t,
I painted a landscape with water.
I danced to the music of silence,
I am but an empty frame. 
Dancing empty-handed in the rain. 
Yet - in the kingdom of light -
My silence broke the scales.





No comments:

Post a Comment