Friday 9 May 2014

Insanity




Insanity is a place,
Where the floor is all ashes.
Dali's melting clocks hang from the sky.
I'm tied to the post
With barbed wire.
Right in the middle.
Yellow smiling faces for flowers.
Blue "like" fists for butterflies.
Things dance past,
Like in a Disney cartoon.
They have no shape.
Making faces at me.
Sometimes it's a smile,
Sometimes it's a frown,
Or a tongue out.
I cannot touch them-
My hand goes through.
They're but shadows,
On the wall of Plato's cave.
There are no people here,
And if I try to move,
The wire turns into a spider's web.
Sticky with its spit, blood and shit.
Slime turns to water,
I'm bobbing up and down,
I try to drink it up,
But the salt eats out my eyes instead.
No more, all dark.
Then the voices come.
Louder and louder.
They scream, and cough,
And sing, and screech.
And I can't make out the words.
I must do something, but what?
I don't know this language.
The words saw me apart,
Till -
Darkness, silence, peace. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment